Dermatology is one of the best facilities of its kind in the region providing comprehensive clinical and cosmetic dermatology care. We, at GBH AH, offer specialized treatment for all clinical/ general dermatological problems including disorders of the skin, hair and nail and venereal diseases and also advanced cosmetic dermatology services for management of problems like acne, scars, pigmentation, vitiligo, hair loss/ hair fall, moles, warts, skin tags, corns, calluses, wrinkling and aging skin. Multi-disciplinary in approach, the department also attends to cross-referrals.
The focus of our department is on evidence-based care following international protocols for quality and safety of patients. Not only do we treat common skin conditions like eczema's, psoriasis, vitiligo, leprosy, urticaria, fungal, viral and common bacterial conditions but also the department provides care for patients with sexually transmitted diseases, HIV, drug reactions and other uncommon dermatological diseases. Our dermatologist also deals with skin problems associated with other diseases like diabetes and thyroid disorders.
- General Dermatology
- Surgical Dermatology
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Light Therapy
- Cosmetic Dermatology
Apart, from our daily out-patient services the department also carries out diagnostic and cosmetic procedures like:
- Treatment of acne scars by derma roller, punch elevation, scar excision and subcision.
- Skin biopsies.
- Radiofrequency ablation for removal of skin tags, warts, corns, moles, DPN, molluscum contagiosum xanthelasma, seborrheic keratosis, pyogenic granuloma etc.
- Chemical peels for pigmentation, and scars.
- Vaginal swabs.
- Intralesional injections for keloids, hypertrophic scars and patchy hair loss.
- Nail Splinting for ingrowing toe nail.
- Botox injections for excessive sweating of palms and soles.
- Treatment of vitiligo with NBUVB (Ultraviolet therapy)
- Surgical Treatment of vitiligo by punch grafting, blister grafting and melanocytes transplantation
- Dermatologist at our hospital has treated patients successfully, over the years